Tuesday 4 March 2014

Turkey and tinsel tuesday

This weeks christmas card


I used papers left over from a class and some die cut snowflakes, a Hero Arts sentiment stamp and a little bling, easy peasy this week

Why not have two celebrations mentioned in one post, so, following on from Christmas I am posting my first ever gluten free pancake for Shrove Tuesday

Pancake day might not be a big thing in many households but in mine I can tell you it's rather a big deal ( so much so that number one son and hubby both felt the need to remind me that tonight was the night and not to forget the pancake ingredients on my way home).

I think I had only been in the door two minutes and the 'p' word was mentioned at least three times

Gluten free flour may pose a little of a problem with baking bread, cakes and pastries but honestly these were so yummy, after my resounding success with yorkshire puddings I can at least rest assured that the batter side of cooking has been mastered. We all had the same rather than trying to cope with two hot pans and simultaneous flipping and we all concurred that they were delicious, so much so that I have been coerced into making them for breakfast on Sunday as a treat.


I used :

200g of Doves Farm gluten/wheat free plain flour
2 large eggs
500ml semi-skimmed milk

And then cooked exactly the same as I would do regular pancakes

Love and christmas wishes on shrove tuesday

Tracey 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely looking pancake, yummy.never had one this year . a nice Christmas card to xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx