Thursday 25 October 2012

Tree Lined

I created a twisted easel card for this weeks class card at the shop.

The card featured these little folded trees.

I couldn't find a template for them anywhere on the net but had seen a similar tree crop up every now and then on various blogs.

So I set to and devised a way of making them out of a semi-circle.



Once I managed to figure it out, there was no stopping me and I made a whole forest of little folded trees.

Here is a variation I created for one of my christmas cards.

I must say it seems a little weird creating a tree out of paper, it is normally the other way around !


I used basic brown cardstock, embossed it through the cuttlebug, inked with white and added a little bow to the top and pearls for baubles.

All papers are by Carta Bella
Sentiment and background stamp are by Stampendous.

I must apologise for the unearthly cast of light on my photos, the weather here in Lincolnshire has been rather misty and dull, great news for Neil, he is quieter at work as all the ships he is responsible for documenting cannot sail, and lovely as a backdrop for spooky halloween scenarios but not conducive to great photo taking !

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. Really liked this one this week.Just wish I hadn't given my circle cutter away, lol. Off to find a round plate to use instead. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your trees, how are they made?

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey, A beautiful card, I just LOVE the tree! I'm just dropping by to let you know that the lovely vintage cupcake card you made using one of my sample toppers has been added to my page here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cardmakers-Delights/Customer-Cards-Gallery.html I really hope that this is okay with you. I have linked to your blog, but if for any reason you wish for me to remove it, just let me know. Many thanks, Tracy -xxx- (Cardmaker's Delights)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx