Wednesday 23 May 2012

Friends are flowers

As promised ( albeit a day later than promised) here are my journal pages and tag that I created for Lynn's circle journal.



The lettering was handcut from patterned paper, some of which I had altered with pen detailing or stamping


The flowers were stamped in acrylic paint and then painted in three different shades, the sentiment stamp on the tag above is a Tim Holtz one that I stamped in black archival ink and then highlighted with a white gel pen


A close up of the yummy texture of the acrylic paint, the background was created with a first layer of spray inks, which was dry-brushed with gesso, then glimmer misted in mocha, then I used a mask to create the hexagon detailing with chocolate ink and finally the diamond pattern was stamped in black ink, before the flowers were painted and the lettering was added. I finished with some tiny mulberry flowers with liquid pearl centres.

Next up I have this weeks two class cards, we made a multi-layered flower on this first card and I taught everyone how make a double looped bow.



And on this weeks second card, we used a pretty Marianne design basket filled with flowers.



And thats it for tonight, tomorrow is Stampin' Up and YeeTing has some beautiful cards planned so I will be back tomorrow to share those.


3 comments:

  1. It's all beautiful:0)

    Was lovely to see you today.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal pages. Lovely cards and tag as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your journal pages, very pretty. Love the bow on the card too, although I can't remember how it's done, lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx