Tuesday 3 January 2012

Humphrey

Sketch 365 - Humphrey


My sketch for today has been inspired by Sally Hunter, the creator of Humphrey and his friends, you can visit Humphrey's website HERE


I fell in love with a calendar with these cute sketches on and had to treat myself.

I sketched him out this morning in between customers (back at work now) and then painted him in watercolours this afternoon whilst I enjoyed a fabulous catch up with Anita 
- and yes you are my diamond too ( providing you are able to read my blog and forgive my solecisms as promised earlier lol xxx)

I aim to incorporate each of Sally's 12 sketches into my sketch-a-day project, so at some point each month expect to see more sugary sweet cuteness by way of Humphrey and his charming companions.

Whilst on the subject of sketching.
 I am mixing it up a little this year. 
Last year I completed 7 days straight with one particular artist of choice as my inspiration, although I am still going to continue with the inspirational artist part, I will not be completing a run of consecutive days.

As I have undertaken rather a lot of challenges this year - most of them art based and year long ( what on earth was I thinking - please tell me 2012 has more hours in each day) I decided that I would integrate the sketches I do for my moleskine journalling project, Kate's art calendar, Tam's lifebook course, Darcy's postcard challenge and any other challenge that I fail to say no to, into my sketch 365 project. 

Still with me ? 

I thought not lol

And before any of my longer standing readers begins to think I have abandoned my other crafting, I am still going to be posting regular cards and scrapbook pages,  I have made a promise to myself to create at least one christmas card per week for 2012 and also increase my scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is my passion and I have allowed it to take a back seat for the last couple of years, but I really want to make a concerted effort to reintroduce regular layouts into my creative repertoire.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely 'catch up' day. Fingers crossed that you keep all your challenges up to date, lol. As for your solecisms here is a little verse for you.

    I have a spelling checker
    It came with my PC
    It plainly marks for my revue
    Mistakes I cannot sea
    I've run this poem threw it
    I'm sure your please to no,
    It's letter perfect in it's weigh
    My checker tolled me sew

    My new year's resolution - not to notice spelling and grammar errors!!! Unfortunately I don't think it will last long!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we have one extra day in 2012, hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx