Friday 11 November 2011

Sketch 365


This weeks class card, we only made one this week as there was plenty to keep everyone busy( or so I thought) Although the wednesday morning ladies beat the other two classes and became the elite class of the week with all ladies finishing in record time. 


The stamp is by Magenta and was embossed, the photo below shows both the heat embossing (gold) and the dry embossing through the Cuttlebug ( green patterned paper).


YeeTing taught these two baublicious cards today along with two matching gift tags, thanks hon


And YeeTing's next class is in a fortnight's time and will be this fantastic advent calendar, the class will be held on Thursday 24th November at 12.30pm and will be a very reasonable £10.00, places are limited so if you fancy making this cute little treat please ring the shop on 01472 359158 as I know this class is going to fill quickly


As promised yesterday ( ooops it is now tomorrow didn't realise the time - so two days ago !), this is the absolutely amazingly beautiful painting my dear friend Trish gave me. Trish has brought in several of her pieces of art to share with me in the past and I love her style, I am delighted to have an original piece of her art and will treasure it for always, thankyou Trish you are so very thoughtful xxx


Now this is just going to pale in comparison, but the photo below is the start of a new venture for me. I have been a blog-hopping ( as you do) and have been seeing people participate in photo/art/ journalling- a-day challenges. One of the facets of my creativity that has taken a back seat over the last couple of years, is sketching. I used to sit and draw for hours, anything, any subject, people, animals, landscapes, fruit, you name it I drew it. Lately I have become stuck on the treadmill of creating scrapbook layouts and cards for my classes.

I decided to set aside a few minutes each day to do a quick sketch.

So I set myself a challenge  - - - Sketch 365

Every day for the next year I am going to spend a maximum of twenty minutes sketching, these are going to be little more than doodles, just quick little pieces of art that will allow me the luxury of the pencil in my fingers once again.

Here is number one


To make the 'deciding what to draw' a little bit easier, I will each week choose an artist who inspires me and for the following seven days draw inspiration from one of their pieces.

This sketch is based on The Ascension of Christ by Salvador Dali and took me approximately 15 minutes.

I will be working on Dali all this week so expect some floppy clocks at some point ( careful how you read that !!!!!)

And on that note I will bid you all a goodnight ( morning) xxx

5 comments:

  1. Your card is scrummy!
    And you are definitely a lady with many talents:).
    The painting from Trish is beautiful.

    Miss you.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card but your drawing is just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the card this week, very classy. Gorgeous painting by Trish, a very talented lady. Fantastic drawing, very Daliesque (is that a word). Can't wait to see some floppy clocks!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow hun all these cards are just brilliant,and your painting hun wow wow that is just amazing hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracey....just catching up with you. The card is wonderful and the drawing is absolutely stunning.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx