Tuesday 16 August 2011

The Circus and Circles

A few friends and I have been participating in an international ATC swap, this month the theme was Circus. Anyone who knows me also knows I don't 'do' clowns, in any shape or form and to be honest I am not entirely enamoured with anything circus, but I do enjoy a challenge.

So, rather than go down any obvious route, I instead based my ATC around generalizations in the form of stripes and the slightly distressed look that a Circus always seems to call to mind, fading canvases and chipped paint !

And the star of my Circus is the tight rope walker, die cut from black glitter card with a Marianne stencil, she is actually a ballerina but I thought she made a beautifully elegant Circus act.
Next up is the ATC I made for our very own Running With Scissors swap, you can find Augusts swap HERE, all welcome to play, for details and further information please read the info page HERE

The ATC below is for July, the theme was Circles and we were required to use the colour yellow somewhere on the card.

We had some gorgeous entries as always, thankyou to all who took part.


If you fancy playing along with August check the links above, the theme is DREAM and the requisite colours are black and white. Future swaps are also listed on the shop website.

Class news -

Firstly, apologies for a mistake in yesterdays post I wrongly listed YeeTings class price, please note the class price is in fact £6.50, this was a typo, it has been amended now, there are just a couple of places left in the afternoon and a few in the morning, thankyou to everyone who called in today to book your place.

And I am also opening up a tuesday afternoon for my card class, wednesdays have been full for a while now, both morning and afternoon are fully booked but I am aware people are on the waiting list, hence the extra class, price £6.50 time 1-3pm.
I am hoping to have the classes up and running towards the end of september, please ring the shop if you would like to book a place.

I am just putting the finishing touches to a mini book, should I have it complete by bed-time I will share some piccies with you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Love both the ATC's and love the way you have used the ballerina, great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh stunning as always hun love that ballerina hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Atc's :) I am glad to be able to receive one of your circus atc's.

    Thank you for hosting the RWS Swap too I received lots of scrumminess from that swap too.


    Love ya,

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Gorgeous...what a beautiful card and ATC...love it totally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the circus ATC and the circus one too. Great that you need to add an extra class, although will miss Tuesday afternoons. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ATC's, maybe something else to try......

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx