Monday 6 June 2011

Tag for April

Paulien is posting some fantastic tutorials on her blog each month, myself and a few friends are playing along and creating tags in a similar style. I am playing catch up ( nothing new there !)

Here is my tag for April


This month Paulien inspired us to use netting as a mask for the background, she used Gesso - silly me left mine at the shop so I created mine with acrylic, even sillier me used Pearl instead of matte ( I should really look at labels before slapping it on) but you know what ? I actually quite like the way it turned out - the tag now has a lush lustre.



The large flower, I made from cutting a multitude of voile and net flowers, I layered them atop one another then added some string and a mulberry rose to finish. All the flowers have been brushed with stickles for a little extra sparkle.


You can see Paulien's april tag HERE
Anita's april tag HERE
Nicki's april tag HERE


Next I have a card to share - just using up some scraps here, and, the funny shaped mat behind the photo was an accident, I cut it wonky and to save discarding it and starting again I decided to cut the bottom at an angle too and make it a feature. I must say I owe finishing this card to the lovely Denise of Tilly's in Immingham, I ran out of silicone glue just before adding the flowers ( you all know by now I cannot be without my flowers !!!) so Neil took me on a mercy dash so that I could finish the card. Yes !!! even I run out of the basics sometimes. I wished I had more time though as Denise has such gorgeous lines and I would have liked to have browsed and treat myself - oh well will have to pop back soon.


The sentiment is a rub-on by Basic Grey that has been languishing in one of my drawers forever ! The ribbon has been made by cutting a scrap of velvet paper into a strip and running through my Cuttlebug for texture, I rubbed a little white pigment ink over the top to define the embossing.


The vintage image is a PaperArtsy one and I have attached it to the card with silver brads that have been backed by silver spacers, bought for me by my lovely friend Victoria - thanks hon xxx

Just before I sign off for the night, I would like to apologise for my lack of blog-hopping, getting the shop back on its feet has eaten into all my free time of late and I have missed stopping by and seeing all your lovely creations, I will be back to normal very soon and can't wait to catch up.

Finally I have a couple of photos from the bouquet Pat brought me on Saturday.


Love and pearly tags
Tracey xxx

15 comments:

  1. A stunning tag & gorgeous card Tracey
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a beautiful tag and a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tag! Especially your card. What a creative idea for your wonky background piece! Fabulous rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much gorgeousness!! <3 Love the textile flower on the tag! I tried using a flower punch to make similar flowers of net the other day. Won't be trying that again soon! Nearly ruined the punch! *lol*
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable tag, love its worn look. The card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both very beautiful projects. So much texture and detail all perfectly executed. Wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Tracey - love that tag. Funnily enough I have used net on one this week.
    Hope all is well with you.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for catching up. Gorgeous tags, even more scrummy in real life. Love the tulle and voile flower. You'll have to be careful all this getting ahead of yourself, it's not really you, lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there Tracey, Thank you for dropping by and such lovely comments:0) I always am amazed at your beautiful creations:0) Your tag and card are so gorgeous, Good Luck with the shop, sounds like it's pretty full on, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow hun what can i say you do vintage so beautifully your detail is always just first class hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for popping by my ATC post. I love this tag for all its dimension and texture. Any joy on the stamp issuing for the ATC swaps at your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning that's all i've got to say. Love sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey friend what stunning tag and card amazing done!!

    and have a very wonderful week
    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow.... your tag came out sooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! I totally love the details on it. and that card..... brilliant work and soooooo beautiful. I love the little brad/spacer detail too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx