Wednesday 29 June 2011

A date with Kirsty

This weeks class cards, both really quick and simple, but they went down really well - so well in fact that all the sheets I had ordered of the scalloped die-cut - 50 in total have now all gone.


The Cuttlebug was used for the circle and the embossing, the punches were a mix of EK Success, Woodware and Stampin' Up, sentiments were Stampin' Up, papers are all My Minds Eye.

A massive thankyou to June who baked an absolutely lush banana and walnut loaf, it went down really well with our mid class cuppas and as usual she also did extra gluten free portions, how sweet she is !!!


The ribbons are the lush seam bindings Tim Holtz uses in a lot of his projects, so easy to dye with inks and you can keep them smooth or make them all vintage and wrinkly, we have 6 colours in the shop with more coming next month.


This next card was one I made in my dinner break, I had twenty minutes whilst I snaffled a butty in between classes, so I used up all the little strips left over from cutting out the quadrants for the cards, I don't like wasting anything !

A massive virtual hug for three of my special class members this week Dawn, Andrea and Trish, all for different reasons but all three very, very dear to me, bless you all and huge hugs xxx


Sorry I forgot to share last weeks card, so this is for you Cathy, sorry I didn't get it on earlier.

We usually make two cards in class but we had a lot of stamping and handcutting this week so we only made the one. The flowers were stamped four times, painted with some subtle detailing using distress inks and then decoupaged together to give a lovely little flowery flourish.


Last but not least I have a couple of photos to share of the yummy package I received from Art from the Heart today.

This is the package as it was removed from the cardboard box


And here are the delish new paints and inks I ordered, wow so fast too, I only ordered it on monday and it was here first thing this morning. I must be the last girl on the planet to order from Dyan's shop but it certainly won't be my last time, I feel a new addiction coming on !!!! Thankyou Dyan xxx


And why the new mediums you might well ask ? Well just because I have about 3 minutes in the middle of the night where I am not doing anything at all so I thought I would sign up for Kirsty Wisemans new MIMM class and her sneak peeks looked so lush with her bright funky colours. I had used up most of my paints on my Petite dolls last year so was in dire need of some fresh colours - what a perfect opportunity to restock.

Kirsty has very generously allowed us class members to post our journals on our blogs as we progress through the course so watch this space, the fun starts tonight !!!

Love and lickably, luscious lime dylusions

Tracey xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous way to package scrummy things. Might have to visit and spend!!!
    Getting closer to the moment of excitement, feel a panic coming on, lol. All I need to do is 'Keep Calm and Carry On'!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your class, always lovely as a teacher to be on the receiving end for a change. These cards are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey, it doesn't matter how simple or how complicated you get with your crafting everything is always SPECTACULAR! you could knock me over with a feather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. her packages are the best - im so jealous of he ingeniuos packaging ideas.
    This paints are just too delicious for words and all x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx