Sunday 26 June 2011

Bell View

I enjoyed the luxury of being home all day today, the heat encouraged me to take respite indoors and indulge in a little crafting.

Please adjust your monitor screens now Tracey and Anne B if you are reading  - green alert !!!!!! He he I have a couple of class members who seriously don't like the colour green.



I completed the title page to a new 12x12 album, this album will be for the Lake District photos we have from our recent camping trip, hopefully I will have lots more when we take another trip there soon.


I made most of the elements from scratch including this cute little picket fence, I made it out of lolly sticks - how fun was that - a true Blue Peter moment !

The little sign was a scrap of patterned paper, for those wondering the relevence, our tent is a "Bell" tent, I like using a play on words for my titles.


The background was created with Key Lime glimmer mist over a mask - the mask was very kindly gifted to me by a sales rep - bless him.


The butterfly is also handmade - more on that later in the week, I am planning a little tutorial for you all so will be sharing that later in the week.

I also finished this little canvas, it is a little smaller than A4 that my lovely friend Anita bought me it quite a while ago, it was a really fun project.


I used gesso to prepare the base, texture paste for the detailing at the bottom, book paper, a few little scraps of scrapbook paper left over from Saturdays class, the pink colour was a mix of Spun Sugar Distress Satin and a rose coloured wax rub.

 The lettering is thickers, the bottom set I have daubed in fluffy stuff and glitter.


I also completed my swaps for the ATC group on our site, there are just a couple of days left to get your swaps in, if there are any peeps still sitting on theirs I would really love them in the shop for thursday, so that I can complete the swap over the weekend, thankyou xxx And remember, please don't share them on your blogs just yet, it will be nice for all the recipients to have a little surprise.

On an entirely different note -  U2, Coldplay, Beyonce - wow, what an amazing trio of headliners this year, I am a rock chick really and Download is more my cuppa tea ( or warm beer lol) but I would have LOVED to have been at Glastonbury this year, they all played their hearts out.

Love and the joys of camping

Tracey xxx

4 comments:

  1. not liking green is almost on the scale of not liking pink..... I shudder to think of it! ;)

    your projects are truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing things you can do with lolly sticks, your picket fence is so cute. Love the whole layout, good start to your Lake District album. Forgot about the canvas, wonder what I did with mine, lol. You've altered your beautifully, I love the sentiment. I love green and pink too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Tracey! Also very jealous that you own your own shop xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, your comments are always appreciated xxx